Visible seam lines and problem w metal edging

Old 10-06-03, 10:58 AM
dvwlson206
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Visible seam lines and problem w metal edging

Just had carpet installed and the seams are visible. I am told this is "normal" I don't think so. Please send me some comments. Also, the entry way is square. The installer has tried 4 times to get the metal stripping not to cracked at the corner. He says that this also is okay but the edges are sharp. I am not paying the last half of payment and the installer is getting ansy with me. Any advice will be appreciated.

Old 10-06-03, 03:36 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
No seam is gauranteed to be invisible. On low pile plush carpets, it is terribly hard. Although it should be looked at by a pro to make sure the rows properly line up. If you are not dealing with a full service flooring store, and you hired this guy on your own, then you are on your own. There are metals that are designed to conform to being bent. It sounds like the wrong metal was used and needs to be replaced. This metal catastrophe happened in my rental as well, and I will replace myself, cause its useless to deal with some installers.

Old 10-06-03, 04:58 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just a visible line or does it really jump out at you? According to the CR105 ( a carpet and rug institute publication ) seams are visible. You have other problems along with that which told me your installer may not have that much experience. The seams may be able to be made better. If the retailer from whom you bought the carpet from supplied the installer it's his problem, call him. If you hired the installer and he won't fix it, you may need to take him to court, or hire another installer to correct the installation.

Old 10-09-03, 09:04 PM
Are the seams visible black lines?
Does the face nap at the seam edge overlap and gap everywhere along the seam?
Or does the seam look raised when looking across it, like a hump?

The metal takes experience and a miter box for his hacksaw to make it perfect, along with using a rubber mallet to beat it down, so the metal doesn't get distorted.

Old 10-14-03, 11:02 AM
dvwlson206
Visiting Guest
Post Bad seams and metal distortion

Thank you all for your comments. I did contact the retailer who had someone come out and evaluate the situation. He has sent out a new crew to fix up the bad installation.

Old 10-14-03, 02:22 PM
D
I'm glad it went well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: