using z bar

Old 10-18-03, 03:17 PM
sixty5thru
Visiting Guest
using z bar

Hi,

and thanks for this forum. I have a bedroom that has an open archway entrance to a bath vanity, all carpeted. I want to remove the carpet from the vanity, and install vinyl tile. The idea is to transition the remaining carpet to tile using z bar, and a tack strip, but I'm not quite sure I understand how it works. The subfloor is a concrete slab. I have been told to nail and glue, (liquid nails), the tack strip with the z bar underneath the tack strip, to the concrete. I understand the tacks need to point away from the carpeted room, and if I have this right, the z bar has to extend from flat underneath the tack strip, then up, into, and finally down to the floor of the soon to be tiled room. I then use a knee kicker to secure the carpet onto the tack strip, and finally fold the carpet over the exposed z bar and use a tuck tool to stuff it under to achieve a finished edge. Do I have this right? Did I miss anything? Do I have to bend the z bar up from the concrete to make a little space for the carpet tuck to fit? Any and all info welcome! Sorry for the length, and thanks in advance for any help.

sixty5thru

Old 10-18-03, 06:06 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've got it right, and you do bend down the Z bar after tucking the carpet under.

Old 10-18-03, 06:31 PM
sixty5thru
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info and quick reply Daniel!

sixty5thru

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: