Indoor/outdoor carpet in basement

Old 11-13-03, 03:16 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indoor/outdoor carpet in basement

I am thinking of installing indoor/outdoor carpet in 3 rooms in the basement...office, workout room, and a game room. One room will require seams. What's the best way to install this? The room is about 20' by 15. Also...what kind of glue do I use, and what's the best way to install?

Thanks.

Old 11-13-03, 06:50 PM
The best way would be fuzzy side up.

There is no way of telling you which direction to run the carpet without actually being on site, looking at it myself.

From you measurments, it sounds like 2, 15' cuts will do the room with 4x15 for waste.

I always use Henrys 351 adhesive, unless it is something special, that take a special adhesive.

Old 11-13-03, 06:54 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Carpets Done Wright
[B]The best way would be fuzzy side up.

Hahahaha good advice!

All of wright's advice is good, Henry's 351 will work great. Seams are the most difficult of the installation so be prepared, especially if there is a pattern match.
If you have not purchased yet, you may want to call flooring stores and see if they carry Tesserea, or go to Home Depot and look at Legato. Perfect for basements.

Old 11-13-03, 07:28 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Basement carpet

If you can find 15' wide carpet and the room is 14'6", then perhaps 15' wide carpet would be best from the standpoint of less waste. As indicated, knowing the layout and exact measurements is best for calculating how much carpet. Most recommend that you use the manufacturer's recommended adhesive.

Old 11-14-03, 07:06 AM
B
Originally posted by florcraft

Hahahaha good advice!

All of wright's advice is good, Henry's 351 will work great. Seams are the most difficult of the installation so be prepared, especially if there is a pattern match.
If you have not purchased yet, you may want to call flooring stores and see if they carry Tesserea, or go to Home Depot and look at Legato. Perfect for basements.

Thanks...what is Tesserea? What does it cost? Easy to install?

Thanks.

Old 11-14-03, 10:57 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
Tesserea is a carpet tile with pad attached. Tesserea is the higher end soft fiber and they have a more affordable standard nylon, it is a textured carpet, and it is a breeze to install or replace. Home Depot has Legato which has sqiggly sides to hide seams better I guess, But I dont know if it has the soft fiber advancment.
You need to at least go look at it, it is really easy and should be no more than 4.50 a square foot or so. It would be cheaper in your case to buy a commercial carpet and install your self, but legato and tesserea require NO glue, it has a grippy back so it will not shift around, it is warmer and more comfortable, and tile replacement is a breeze, and you can take the floor with you if you move!
The government is signing tons of contracts using these carpet squares.

http://www.tesseraecarpet.com/tesser...e?OpenDocument

check it out!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: