Carpet restretching required -- help?

Old 01-15-04, 12:36 PM
brygx
Visiting Guest
Carpet restretching required -- help?

I live in a townhouse and the upstairs hallway carpet has bunched up. I don't think it's at the seams, I think it's just in general. There are three lines across the carpet that rise about an inch off the ground. I have read about carpet restretching and that sounds like what I need. This stretch of carpet is about 10 feet long in the hallway, but the area affected is a smaller segment.

Is this something I can do myself? How much would such a job cost from a professional?

Thanks for any help.

Old 01-15-04, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By pushing down and sliding your hand across the wrinkle, canyou push a bubble up as you go down the hall.

Restretching takes skill to do it right. Especially a hallway where seams may need to be taken apart and remade.

It all depends what I charge.

Something like that would be an hourly + materials charge, if we did it. It takes time to do it right. Charging per sq.ft on repairs can bite you, when the unexpected appears.

Our time is worth $67.50 per hour, when hourly is billed.

Others may be higher and some lower. It depends where you are and the demand for installers in the area. Especially highly skilled installers. In the flooring business, cheap is never good!

Old 01-15-04, 06:47 PM
brygx
Visiting Guest
It can indeed be pressed and pushed, which is probably how this problem came to be. So what does that mean? Does that tell you anything about how it was installed, how it can be fixed, and how likely this would be to occur again? How much will it cost to be professionally repaired?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: