Need carpet quote on large room.. Please help!

Old 02-04-04, 07:10 AM
MPScan
Visiting Guest
Need carpet quote on large room.. Please help!

I need carpet (and padding) installed in the following room:

http://www.mpscan.com/attic/attic1.gif

Nothing too expensive or high grade, just simple basic carpet. Total area is ~416 sq feet. I have no idea what I am looking at in terms of price! I went to home depot and saw carpet prices from $2 sq ft to $4 sq ft installed.

Room is empty so no furniture to move, also no worry about tearing up old carpet or hauling it away, there was never carpet here to begin with... the floor surface right now is brand new basic plywood that is clean and doesn't really need any prep work.

To be honest, my total budget for carpet for this room including installation is $800 total.

Can it be done for that? Any help is appreciated!

Old 02-04-04, 11:02 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
Forget Home Depot, they dont even come close to getting the best prices for carpets from the manufacturer.
You want a store that has the biggest buying power.

go to : www.carpetone.com

look for a store near you by typing your zip code in the box.
try to look for in stock carpet to fit your budget. If you want to save a bit more, look in the newspaper for a contractor who is licenced, bonded, and insured to install your new carpet.
First, find the contractor and find out how much to install, the rest will be your carpet budget.

good luck

Old 02-04-04, 04:37 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before recommending a store, I will recommend finding a carpet installer who is qualified to meet your needs. Many can provide the carpet. Go to www.cfiinstallers.com and there will be a search window on the upper left side. Type in your zip code and you will get a list of certified installers in your area. Let one of them lead you toward a reputable place to purchase your carpet.

Remember "the most important day in the life of your carpet is the day it is installed".

Old 02-04-04, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
florcraft, Home Depot is the largest retailer in the nation. They move two - three times as much product then CarpetOne's buying group. They have great buying power.

Buy your carpet anywhere, but like Daniel said, make sure your installer is qualified!
CfiInstallers.com is an excellent place to find just that installer.

Carpets are basically the same, no matter where you buy it. Now carpet installers, are different, even within CFI.

So, interview several installers before you hire one. It would be in your and your carpets best interest, to do so.

Old 02-05-04, 10:58 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
florcraft, Home Depot is the largest retailer in the nation. They move two - three times as much product then CarpetOne's buying group. They have great buying power.

Umm, not a huge argument here, but CCA Global has been around longer and buys more flooring than anyone in North America.
Home Depot is the biggest RETAILER but not the biggest buying power on flooring.
They private label every product, and even has Pergo make specific colors and styles just so it can't be shopped.

I will say one thing though, when they buy stock (carpet, Vinyl, whatever) they will get an amazing price I will not argue that.
But as far as special order goes........

But like I said, not a huge argument, I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: