How do I get an area rug to stay in place on carpet?

Old 02-28-04, 04:26 AM
drkate
Visiting Guest
How do I get an area rug to stay in place on carpet?

I've tried double sided tape which works fair but sometimes the rug will creep and get wrinkles in it and it leaves a sticky residue on the carpet to which dirt sticks to if you take up the scatter rug and I've tried the product that helps carpet to stay put on linoleum but it doesn't work on carpet. Any ideas?

Old 02-28-04, 11:29 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
go to a flooring store and ask for a pad that works for rugs to carpet.

Old 03-02-04, 06:53 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Carpet creep

Despite all attempts of pads and adhesives, area rugs will tend to creep. As you walk on rugs on carpet the fibers tend to move and move the layers of carpet/pad above and result in area rug "creep." This is a fact of life due to the laws of nature. I live with it every day. I simply pull rugs back into place and get on with my life.

If you have used adhesives and tapes, please remove residues from carpet with solvent cleaner such as dry cleaning fluid or denatured alcohol, blotting from outside stain toward middle to prevent spreading with white rag.

Old 03-03-04, 03:31 AM
drkate
Visiting Guest
creeping carpet

Thanks for your replies.

Old 03-03-04, 05:43 PM
Harry M
Visiting Guest
They do sell a carpet to carpet pad. It is a very thin pad . Look in your area on your computer for florcovering wholesalers and ask them for your needs .

Old 03-07-04, 07:34 PM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Area rug on carpet

It is my personal experience that despite the use of tapes, pads, or whatever, that area rugs will tend to "creep" on carpet because of movement of carpet fibers when walking upon them.

Old 12-06-13, 10:15 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fascinating range of responses, and some things to try.
Just one point: the explanations offered so far all mention walking across the rugs.
OURS MOVE EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WALK ON THEM!
Active agents!?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: