carpet glue question

Old 02-28-04, 09:32 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question carpet glue question

Hello, love this site & use it often. I've just finished a new room, that used to be an old porch. I've got new indoor outdoor carpet cut and ready to go, the guy at the home improvement supply store says glue will work fine over previous indoor outdoor carpet if I roll it with a tile roller. The original floor is concrete. Is this the way to go, or should I look at tack strips and a kicker? Old carpet is glued down very well, and no pad underneath. Thanks for the help and any insight that you may offer.

Old 02-28-04, 12:27 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
are you saying he said it was o.k. to glue down new carpet over the old carpet?
how would he expect you to get the correct spread ratio?

new pad and have the carpet stretched over the old carpet, if the old carpet is a low pile commercial carpet.

Old 02-28-04, 01:08 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rip out the existing anddo it correctly. Glue down over glue down is not recommended.

Old 03-02-04, 07:46 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carpet installation

No where or anywhere have I ever encountered any specifications from any carpet manufacturer that recommended and/or approved carpet installation over old and approved any warranties doing such. If you are looking at replacing glue down carpet with old, then you need to pull out the old. Contact the manufacturer of new carpet re: warranties, installation, and adhesive requirements specific to your installation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: