Making carpet level with new raised marble floor

Old 03-01-04, 08:49 AM
MFMurphy00
Visiting Guest
Making carpet level with new raised marble floor

Hi all,

I'm contemplating putting in some marble flooring over a concrete first floor. At the point where it adjoins existing wall to wall carpeting the new marble will be higher unless the carpet is raised to meet it.

I'm thinking I need to raise both the tack strip and sort of slope the carpet up to meet the marble. (I'm a carpeting newbie. Never worked with it before although I'm relatively handy about the house.)

How do I do that the right way?

Thanks.

Old 03-01-04, 11:04 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
get some z bar and ask how to use it, that helps raise up to tile.
any floor store should stock it for their installers.

Old 03-02-04, 12:48 PM
MFMurphy00
Visiting Guest
Thanks. I'll look into z bar edging.

Do I have to also do something a little bit farther from the edge? So it doesn't look like a ski ramp just where the two meet?

Old 03-02-04, 05:12 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use cedar shakes (wooden shingles) to ease the transition.

Old 03-02-04, 06:54 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Transition

How much transition do you have to make? Is it 3/4"? If so, you can use a wooden 3/4" baby threshold to which carpet can abutt. If possible, you can turn and tuck carpet up against the height of the tile and underlayment for a visual equal in height if carpet pile height equals height of tile. I guess what I am asking is how much transition. What is the height of the tile floor and what is the height of the carpeted floor to which you have to make the transition? It is best if carpet can be turned and tucked against tile so that no transitional piece has to be used.

Old 03-03-04, 06:31 PM
Harry M
Visiting Guest
This is not an advertisement just a proper procedure. www.carpetshims.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: