Carpet repair

Old 03-17-04, 01:52 PM
meowlady2
Visiting Guest
Carpet repair

My wall to wall got damaged and I called in a carpet repair service to fix the problem. The areas of stain were about 12 inches by 12 inches and there are 3 of them. The fools that came from the service simply cut out the stained area and glued in the new pieces that came from pieces I had left over from when the carpet was new. They claimed the rug would look better with time. They did not use a hot glue or anything. Dealing with them again is not possible.
I read somewhere that I can buy some double glued tape that can be used on the BACK of the carpet. It said to flip up the carpet, tape down the ripped areas and then iron on. I cannot recall where I read this.
Can any expert please give me advice as to what I can do. The rug is in very good shape and was expensive and I cannot afford to replace it. I would like to know if there is something I can do at home myself to correct this.
Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-17-04, 02:14 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
A pro needs to use hot melt seam tape to repair.

A friend of mine who is an installer did this when he had major candle wax on his apartment carpet, and I couldn't see the seams when he was done.

Old 03-27-04, 01:01 AM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carpet repair

Contact another professional for carpet repair. It takes a pro with enough skill to pull off a carpet patch and repair. Cutting out, seam sealing, and properly placing carpet direction takes skill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: