Carpet installation price.

Old 03-31-04, 02:23 PM
tonyo4563
Visiting Guest
Question Carpet installation price.

I'm trying to determine what the cost would be if I were to do it myself or have someone do it for me. I have to lay 48 sq yds carpet one color, 2 rooms and one hallway. No furniture to be moved and includes a backing. I also have to remove old rug. An approximate price would be appreciated. I am located in Philadelphia, PA. Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-04, 07:11 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't know what they are getting to install carpet in Philly, but you can save a bundle by removing the furniture and the existing carpet. If you cut it into 3' wide sections and roll it up and tie it, your trash removal company might haul it away. For that matter if you buy lunch for the installers they will probably haul it for you. I have gone above and beyond more than once for lunch.

Make sure you get a qualified installer!

Old 06-06-04, 10:21 PM
Pafloors
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by tonyo4563
I'm trying to determine what the cost would be if I were to do it myself or have someone do it for me. I have to lay 48 sq yds carpet one color, 2 rooms and one hallway. No furniture to be moved and includes a backing. I also have to remove old rug. An approximate price would be appreciated. I am located in Philadelphia, PA. Thanks...
----------------------------------------------------------------
This page contains a calculator you can get an idea
http://www.pafloors.com/rough%20estimate.htm

48 yds x 4.50 for the install
48 yds x 1.00 for the rip-up of carpet only
48 yds x 1.00 for the rip-up of pad only
or
48 yds x 2.00 for the rip-up of carpet and pad

Old 06-07-04, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Down here in Central Texas labor rates are very low, so my prices may not reflect the cost of installers in your area.

Go to:
<url>www.CFIinstallers.com</url>.

On the left pane, is a box to type in your zipcode, and click "find an installer"

Call several of those guys and see what they say.

I would really stay away from a price that sounds to good to be true. It probably is.

Old 07-18-04, 11:17 AM
diamondcarpet
Visiting Guest
prices

When you find a installer open the door and leave them alone let them do there job you'll get a better install there not there to teach you how to install carpet
4.50 ayd sounds right if it a plush 5.50 for berbers bump it up 50 cents you'll get a better job