berber carpet

Old 04-18-04, 01:55 AM
stevedharper1
Visiting Guest
berber carpet

I have installed "regular carpet before, now have a job to install berber carpet. what do I do different. Does it require as much streching, and how do I make a good seam?

Old 04-18-04, 07:59 AM
floorman
Visiting Guest
Not too much different,most of the berbers you can run a good row on so it willl make a fairly decent seam,use 6" tape on the seam and keep in mindthat you will get most of the stretch out of the length not the width

Old 04-19-04, 12:02 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Berber installation

A row cutter should be used to prevent raveling. Cut between rows. All carpet should be power stretched. Seam should be preoperly sealed. Check with carpet maufacturer for seam requjirements to maintain warranties. Seam seal adhesive is recommended. It is detectable by black light when factory rep inspects regarding warranty issues. If seam seal is not used, then installation is at risk and warranty is voided. Retailer and installer then are responsible.

Carpet installers should be certified by the Carpet-Rug Institute and be licensed and insured. As independent contractors, they should be licensed and insured. They should be able to produce contractor's license and copies of insurance certificates for for liability and worker's compensation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: