I'm Lost.

Old 05-25-04, 09:11 AM
JoeDirt
Visiting Guest
I'm Lost.

After trying to decide where to post this question I ended up here, since its flooring and its going on top of carpet.

I want to make something for infront of the computer, for the chair to sit on and not ruin the carpet, I have tryed those vinyl types with the little points on the bottoms, but they wear out, so heres my idea and question now that i've gotten your attention, I want to buy some 1/4" underlayment and put peel and stick tile on it, will it work and hold up, I will make it big enough so the wheels don't come in contact with the edges. Thanks .

Old 05-25-04, 10:15 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i vote "maybe". at first i thought "yea!" but then i got to thinking about the underlayment only being 1/4". is that going to be rigid enough, on top of the fairly spongy carpet and pad? it might end up cracking. (what do you weigh?!) then again, the tiles will help to stiffen up the whole deal..........i don't know...i'm still at "maybe". but i'm also thinking "go for it" because you have nothing to lose. if it fails, you'll only be out a few bucks. i think it's worth a shot...........you definitely get an A+ for creativity!!!

Old 05-25-04, 06:19 PM
JoeDirt
Visiting Guest
Well thank you for the A+, I wish I would gotten something close to that when I was in school. The carpet doesn't have much sponge left so I don't know how much flexibility it would have, but I will give it a shot, I will give it a test since i'm not a string bean. thanks. Joe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: