Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Rugs, Carpets and Carpeting
Reload this Page >

Thank you for any helpful advice on cutting, matching, SEAMING ESPECIALLY and tools.

Thank you for any helpful advice on cutting, matching, SEAMING ESPECIALLY and tools.

Old 08-22-04, 12:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking Thank you for any helpful advice on cutting, matching, SEAMING ESPECIALLY and tools.

I can not afford a pro so please do not advise that. I have read previous post but can’t find answers. I really appreciate any tips or advice to help me to do a proper and long lasting job. I have an almost new wall to wall carpet, I don’t know what type that was removed from a condo. It might be a polyester type pile. Solid color Kelly Green. I have cut it to fit my house and want to install it wall to wall. Please tell me how to do the seams properly so they will not show or tear. I already installed the ¾ inch padding and used double-sided tape to hold it in place. Also I plan to cover stairs with a curve and few pie shaped stairs. They are now covered with old tile and I just want to cover them. Thank you for any helpful advice on cutting, matching, SEAMING ESPECIALLY and tools.

Old 08-22-04, 01:26 PM
D
Old 08-26-04, 04:05 PM
Wink is it possible to use a household cloths iron to do the seam tape

Thank you Danial. I appreciate the helpful link. I know this may sound stupid but is it possible to use a household cloths iron to do the seam tape?? Thanks

Old 08-26-04, 04:24 PM
D
It is a good way to kill a clothes iron. You can rent one at any tool rental. Get it for a few days and get some material to practice on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: