capeting

Old 11-01-04, 11:13 AM
readytogo
Visiting Guest
capeting

How do I install cushion backed Runner on a stairway?

Old 11-03-04, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be very hard to explain. All staircases are different in one way or another. Without seeing the staircase and the piece of carpet you have, I can only speculate. Staple the crap out of it in the crease of the riser and back of the tread. It looks crisper if you do each step with a seperate piece of carpet, instead of running it all in one piece.

Brass stair rods could also be used, but you will have to attach at the top and bottom of the staircase.

Old 11-29-04, 06:57 PM
eplain
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Carpets Done Wright
Staple the crap out of it .

yea....only problem is, those crown staples need to go through the carpet AND the cushion. This creates issues sometimes.

i would say "staple the crap out of it" too. Gently, dont try to drive it home as the staples may go clean through. But make sure your carpet is very warm and this will make it a lot easier for you.

On a Summer day, lay it on your asphalt driveway (fuzzy side up of course! haha)

or...

winter time you can lay it on a radiator....anything to get it warm, soft and pliable. Rubber back usually is already if its commercial level loop but...warm it up as you would all carpet that you would want to "work with".

Ed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: