Underpadding replacement

Old 12-21-04, 08:10 AM
Lanceb2b
Visiting Guest
Underpadding replacement

Hello all, I have decided to tackle the project of removing and replacing the underpadding where we may/do have a MOLD problem.
I have never removed/installed carpet before in my life, but through reading on different forums (this one included) I think I have a rough Idea of what I may face.
Correct me if I am wrong, but most carpet today, would be stretched out, and held in place with tackstrips along the outer edges of the room. ?????
If that is the case, if I remove the carpet from the tackstrips, and replace the underpad, will I have a hard time replacing the carpet on the tack strips again? Do I have to get one of those power stretchers?

For about $250 I can completely replace the carpet with Laminate flooring. I have installed this before(helped several friends), and honestly would prefer it, but if the process of removing and replacing the carpet underpad is not a great one, I will hopefully save myself some $$$.

Any tips on how to go about replacing the underpad?

Old 12-21-04, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A power stretcher is going to help, if it was in fact powerstretch to begin with.

For $250, I'd be installing the lowball laminate. Pay now or pay more later comes to mind.

Old 12-21-04, 04:28 PM
justmyopinion
Visiting Guest
By the time you rent all of the proper tools, and buy the pad, you will have almost $250.00 into that. I would go with the laminate also..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: