scuff marks on wall after carpet installed

Old 12-30-04, 11:09 AM
pmunley
Visiting Guest
scuff marks on wall after carpet installed

Is it normal to have the walls marked up while the carpet is installed? They took paint off of every corner of my basement down to the metal. They also left faint scuff marks on the walls. When I questioned them about it they said it is very difficult not to mark up the walls. My painter should come in and touch up. He said most painters love them because they don't leave a lot compared to most carpet installers.

I guess I figured there should be something they can do to protect the walls while installing the carpet.

Any thoughts???

Old 12-30-04, 11:13 AM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
The carpet backing is abrasive. Unless you pick out a carpet with a soft back, then this stuff happens.
If a pro painter says that the marks require more than just touch up, then you have an issue. But if it's just touch up, it's pretty normal.

Old 12-30-04, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take every step to keep the carpet off the walls and corners. Using the cardboard tube the carpet is rolled up on, on wall corners to protect it.

Think if you had wall paper!! I say they were more careless then careful.

Baseboards are where it is nearly impossible to keep it from scratching, fresh paint. The backing is abrasive, and the stretching and tucking process puts the ruff backing all over the baseboards.

Had a lady just paint all her trim a glossy red the day before. I cried when I saw it and the only way I could get her to see what I was trying to tell her before I even started the job, was to go ahead and install it. Not only did she refuse to pay me, I had to get a lien on the home to be paid, Which I finally did 4 years later when they lost their home(lost his high tech job) and they had to pay my lien off first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: