Quality install - carpet store vs. HD vs. Empire

Old 01-10-05, 02:08 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality install - carpet store vs. HD vs. Empire

Is there much variation in the quality of a carpet installation job depending on who I but the carpet from? Do some places use lower quality seam tape, etc? I've had carpetting installed by both HD and Empire (Chicago area) and they look fine, but these were bedrooms where seams were not needed. For a larger room I'm wondering if it's worth paying a highr price to buy from a carpet store.
thx, Don

Old 01-10-05, 03:42 PM
D
I would buy from a local flooring dealer with a good history in your area. You can ask to speak to their installers about questions you have and the service after the sale will be more than you expect.

Old 01-10-05, 09:56 PM
Buy your carpet anywhere! But be sure one of the fine CFI installers, install your investment!

Go to CFIinstallers.com, and in the left pane, type in your zip code, in the find an installer window.

Find an installer in your area with a Master-II, Master or (R I-II) certification.

You won't be sorry. They are held at a higher accountability then most retail installers, unless that retailer uses CFI certified installers, which is rare, because retailers hate it when an installer knows more then they do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: