100% semiworsted wool VS. Nylon ????

Old 03-07-05, 08:33 AM
T
TheKneebiter
Visiting Guest
100% semiworsted wool VS. Nylon ????

Ok my first thread was not answerd yet but i have another question. I found a wall to wall carpet that i like and it is a pattern made of 100% semiworsted new zealand wool. What are the pro's and con's of wool verses nylon or other types ? other than the price. It is going in my family roon which is 12x13 and it is a concrete slab. Any help is appreciated. Thank's

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-05, 03:36 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up woll vs nylon

A woll carpet has lots of advantages over man made fibres. First of all, it is extremely tough. Wool has been used for hundreds of years as a floor covering and I can tell you that the Wendy's restaurant in our town has wall to wall wool carpeting. It looks great and hardly shows any wear after 5 years.

However, the main disadvantage other than price is wool's tendency to stain. Because it is a natural product, it absorbes colour very easily. If you have small children and/or pets, I suggest you take a closer look at nylon carpeting. Kids tend to spill and pets, male dogs expecially, will react to the odours in wool carpeting and deposit their own scent over the scent of the sheep in the wool.

Overall, for convenience, ease of cleaning and replacement cost, I suggest you install nylon carpeting over a natural rubber underpad.

Ted