Bleach stains on my carpet

Old 06-21-05, 12:51 PM
spandana28
Visiting Guest
Bleach stains on my carpet

I have light pink color bleach stains on my carpet. I have around 5-6 small spots on the carpet as soon as I enter my living room. Can anyone suggest a way to remove those stains.

Thanks a lot in advance

Old 06-21-05, 04:56 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If spots are tiny, then you might get away with touching up with a magic marker. There are commercial bleach stain repair kits available (www.bleachstain.com). Or, you can contact a professional who specializes in dyeing carpets.

Old 06-22-05, 02:53 PM
spandana28
Visiting Guest
thanks

thanks for the reply... what is a magic marker?????

Old 06-22-05, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bleach does not stain....it REMOVES stains, and also the color from fabrics and carpets. you need to ADD BACK the color to the bleached areas, with either dye or a permanent marker in the original color of your carpet, which i'm guess is either a red or brown color?

Old 06-22-05, 05:05 PM
D
Actually bleach does stain. It does not turn carpet back to its original white colored fiber. It turns orange, even on a white carpet, it will have an orange color. Bleach staining also comes from bathroom cleaner and zit medicine. The latter is the cause of alot of carpet repairs.

Old 06-23-05, 08:45 AM
spandana28
Visiting Guest
thanks

thanks a lot for the replies... now can I get this magic marker in grocery stores like walmart of kmart or do I have to go to some specialized stores...

thanks

Old 06-23-05, 08:48 AM
yes - look in the office/school supplies section. they'll be next to the Crayons. make sure you get a PERMANENT marker.

what color is your carpet? if it's an odd color, you might have to go to an art supply store to get the color closer.

Old 06-24-05, 02:19 PM
spandana28
Visiting Guest
thanks

thanks a lot for the reply./.. mine is the regular brown color carpet so i guess i will try to find it in the section you mentioned in the departmental stores.

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: