Hole in carpet

Old 04-14-00, 09:24 AM
Visiting Guest
I accidentally spilled some toilet bowl cleaner on my bedroom carpeting. Before I could get it up, it had disolved the carpet threads down to the backing!! I now have a 3 inch wide hole in my carpet. I do have some remnants leftover from the installation. What is the best way for me to repair/replace this??

Old 04-14-00, 01:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Boy, that sure must be a strong cleaner!

Take a piece of extra carpet and line up the nap with the carpet in your bedroom. If you run your hand over the carpet, it will either darken or lighten. Do the same to the repair piece than line them up in the same direction.

Now, lay the repair piece over the hole in the carpet. Take a carpet or utility knife with a new blade and cut through both layers of carpet. This isn't easy, and a considerable amount of pressure will be required. Once you've cut out a square, then remove the damaged carpet and replace it with the patch piece. The patch should fit perfectly into the hold in the carpet. You can use hot glue to fix the patch into place. Once the glue has set, use a hair brush to blend in the edges.

If you take your time, you'll never see the patch.

Ted

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: