Carpet dyeing

Old 06-17-00, 08:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Does anyone know how to dye a carpet? I have white carpet (contractor grade) that has only been here for a year. I don't mean a piece of it....I would like to dye the entire carpet a darker color to cover the stains left by my small children. I have tried professional cleaning, etc.

Old 06-20-00, 11:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Red face

Carpet dyeing is best left to the professionals. I got my initial carpet cleaning training from "Rainbow International Carpet Dyeing and Cleaning Company". As you can tell from the name, carpet dyeing was one of their specialties.

It's a complicated, time consuming and somewhat expensive process. Typlically, the cost to dye a carpet would be about 25% of the cost of replacing the carpet. So, if you would pay $500 to replace a 12 X 16 rug, then you can count on a minimum of $125 to have it dyed.

A word of caution. You will be required to sign a release before the work begins. With stains already on the rug, they, along with other cleaners may have changed the chemistry of the rug in spots. This could result in an uneven dye job. Regardless of the outcome, you will have to pay for the dye job.

It costs the tech. lots of money in materials to do the job. These guys are usually independant contractors who have to pay for their chemicals and dyes themselves.

I dyed several carpets and the customer was always delighted with the results.

Ted

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: