"Square" Carpeting

Old 11-23-00, 01:59 PM
Visiting Guest
I just came across quite a bit of new square carpeting that is 18"x18" in size with a hard rubber backing on it. First of all what is it called and how would I go about laying it onto a concrete floor? I plan on using it to finish off the basement. Do I just glue it down or do I get padding down first and then glue it to the padding? I do not know anything of this subject and would appreciate any and all information I can get. Thank you.

Old 11-30-00, 07:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Carpet Squares

Originally posted by
I just came across quite a bit of new square carpeting that is 18"x18" in size with a hard rubber backing on it. First of all what is it called and how would I go about laying it onto a concrete floor? I plan on using it to finish off the basement. Do I just glue it down or do I get padding down first and then glue it to the padding? I do not know anything of this subject and would appreciate any and all information I can get. Thank you.

The carpet you have is for is used for comercal buildings, its usuly put down with a breakaway glue adisive you can get it at a floor supply store .. And no you dont need pad.You can if ya want glue down but god forbid you want to change down the road . Get the Presher senstive glue it works great.

Rick43

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: