Removing Cat Smell from Basement carpeting glued to floor

Old 09-26-05, 09:22 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing Cat Smell from Basement carpeting glued to floor

Hello,

Im not sure I am in the right section or not, but here is my problem.

I recently bought a house that has glued carpeting in the basement. I believed they a cat and I need to remove the smell. It is normally not bad but on a humid day, it gets bad. Is there some type of cleaner I can use for the carpet without having to replace the carpet? If I need to replace the carpet, is there a easy way to rip it out because it is glued to the concrete?

Thanks is advance.
Mike

Old 09-27-05, 04:19 PM
You need to remove the carpet and maybe some baseboards and sheetrock, if they backed up to a wall and sprayed it.

Cats cause more damage to homes then fire, tornados and hurricanes combined, yearly. Yes, more then Katrina and Rita combined!!!

Old 10-02-05, 01:43 PM
T
Try cleaning carpet with enzyme digester cleaner. These are sold as pet mess cleaners at pet stores and at home centers and hardwares under various names such as Out, OdoBan, Nature's Miracle, etc. As indicated, you can clean the carpet, but you can not clean the subfloor beneath. Cat spray on baseboards will require sanding and sealing with primer/sealer like Zinnser and repainting or sanding and sealing with a couple coats of clear sealer if not painted. Walls will require sealing with primer/sealer and repainting to seal in odors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: