Bleach stain on carpet... advice please.

Old 10-19-05, 01:34 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleach stain on carpet... advice please.

I am 27 and just recently purchased my first home. I got a great deal on a house that looks amazing on the outside but the inside could use some work. One of the most noticable issues is a good size bleach stain that runs between the utility room and master bedroom. I think most of the stain ended up in the master bedroom. Can these types of stains be died? I found a decent size piece of carpet in one of the closets that matches what I already have (probalby left over from the original). Can this carpet be used to replace the stained area? Its about 2'x3' if I had to guess. Thanks for any advice.

Old 10-19-05, 02:39 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,177 Likes on 1,135 Posts
You can dye carpet, but I've never seen great results with it. Replacing the section generally works better, but you also have to match the wear pattern or it will still stick out.

Old 10-19-05, 02:52 PM
C
Well either way im sure it will look better then a large white spot. Match the wear pattern... hrmmm I gotta belt sander

To get a piece like im looking at seemed in.. what would I be looking at as far as the price goes if I had a pro do it?

Old 10-19-05, 06:55 PM
D

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: