Quick Question-rug removal on concrete

Old 10-24-05, 07:48 AM
Karbuk
Visiting Guest
Quick Question-rug removal on concrete

I just pulled up two rooms of carpet from the basement that was filled with stains and cat or dog urine. The carpet was just too bad to recover, so ripped it out. There was no pad under the carpet, which was good, not much of a mess. Now I'm taking the glue off the concrete floor. I purchased a gal of Foam off, which home depot said would work good. Well it seems to be working ok, for a citrus base adhesive remover. There is still a bit of work to scrape it off, but that is expected. The question I have is: I want to paint the floors due to just renting the place, and I donít want to spend the money on getting a new rug for it. So if I donít get all the glue off the floor, will the primer and paint still stick well to parts where there is paint and glue on the floor that I was not able to get rid of? Also I'm putting an area rug down for the wreck room, for the kids.

Thanks

Last edited by Karbuk; 10-24-05 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-27-05, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is what you need.

Be sure to rinse all the adhesive removers off the concrete really really well or it will cause adhesion problems with your paint job, making it peel easy.

Old 10-28-05, 09:07 AM
vinstrom
Visiting Guest
concrete

i agree with perry a long or short handle scrapper will do the job..but it must be clean or you will have adhesive issues

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: