removing carpet glue from cement

Old 07-13-06, 10:33 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry removing carpet glue from cement

I am having a real tough time removing carpet glue from my cement patio/steps. I have tried a stripping product, a pressure washer and a wire wheel on an angle grinder. All that seems to happen is the glue just softens up slightly and moves around, but it does not come off. It is quite a large area so I am hoping to find an answer other than scraping and pulling.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 01:17 PM
D
Welcome to the forums timmyd

Try sanding it.

Old 07-29-06, 02:05 AM
I tried everything you did and never got it off to the point I could stain the steps and have them look good.

So I re-carpeted. Looks great and worked fine.

Old 05-05-09, 06:33 AM
J
Glue on Cement

From what I see it is nearly impossible to remove carpet glue from cement. I recently purchased a home that has carpet on the outside back patio I pulled up the carpet and want to us Muriatic Acid to stain and then us wet cement sealer to finish the job. Will the Acid on top of the glue hurt the integrity of the cement or the stained look of the cement?

Old 05-05-09, 05:34 PM
D
Rent a shot blaster. Your local tool rental will know what it is.

Old 05-05-09, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Original post is old..but

They also sell adhesive remover and it does work. It's strong as the devil fume wise, and normally needs help with a wire brush or scraping..but it does soften the glue. Outside might not be to bad, I know when used inside you need to leave the house while it works.

To jonn..using the acid with the glue still there will prob not even touch the glue..wrong chemical reaction. You need to get it off or cover it up. The shot or bead blaster might be a good idea.

Might want to post a new question over in the concrete and masonry area..some of those guys have seen it all....

Old 05-14-09, 09:58 PM
C
Try a 4.5 inch concrete "diamond cup" grinder works great for concrete steps.

For large commercial areas use a scarifier (buffer machine with 11 little scraper blades) or a shot blaster

Old 07-26-09, 05:17 PM
J
Smile Removing Glue from Concrete Floors inside house

We have old glue from linoleum floors in our house and we have removed the carpet and linoleum. Should we use an adhesive remover on the glue part? What about removing paint from concrete floors? Should we use paint thinner or a machine? We actually want to have concrete floors in our house so should we also rent a concrete grinder to smooth it? And then maybe a sealer?
We have never done any work like this so all the information we can get would be very helpful?
If any one can leave a step by step evaluation or process that would be great, remember the carpet, and linoleum is all removed! Thank you to whomever can help with this!!