need new carpet, but have pets

Old 09-23-07, 04:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
need new carpet, but have pets

Advice please. Our carpet is old and worn. The problem is that we have indoor pets. We have some land and plan to build a new home in 1 to 3 years, but really need carpet now. But I'd like the new carpet to be in as good a shape as possible when we sell. One dog is older, about 13, and rolls in whatever she can find in the yard. She doesn't smell great most of the time, and I don't want the odors to permanantly get in the carpet, as well as the dirt they track in from outside. Plus, they shed, and the hairs get in the carpet.

So, what's my best bet. What type will do well in these conditions, and be a nice carpet to have, and to help sell the house. BTW, it's a modest priced neighborhood, 25 y/o, larger yards. Middle class older.

Old 09-23-07, 06:47 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, considering that no trees or whales died in the process, I suppose I'll respond. I wasn't going to because I was sure I saw a few dead pine needles in the background...

Any how, look for a solution dyed nylon and use a pad with an impervious surface. Beaulieu makes a residential solution dyed nylon carpet that they claim you can't stain. They even say they'll replace it if you can figure out how to stain it in the first five years. They also say to clean it with a bleach/water solution. I've poured straight bleach on the stuff to demonstrate it and it was unharmed. As to the pet hair, that's what vacuum cleaners are all about and it should be done very regularly and often.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: