Carpet repair next to tile

Old 04-13-08, 12:13 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carpet repair next to tile

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone out there can offer me some advice, and get my dog out of a serious "dog house" situation.

The dog has pulled up carpet in several places. The edge where he pulled it up is right next to a tiled area. There is a tiny amout of the carpet missing, but I feel like it can be stretched sufficiently as I can pull it to the edge of the tile with my hands (the issue is really much more of the fact that the carpet no longer is attached to the floor than it is about it missing anything that needs patched.)

My question is if this can be fixed? I am not opposed to hiring a professional, in fact, that is probably what I would have to do as I am not that handy.

The dog and I have pretty much been banned from grandma's house over this as grandma feels sure it can't be fixed. I'm hoping someone can can offer me some advice so I'll have a place to eat Thanksgiving!

Many thanks for any help. I've enjoyed reading many of the other posts this morning.

Old 04-13-08, 12:23 PM
T
Only a professional carpet installer can assess the carpet damage and determine if there is enough carpet (after trimming off damage) to stretch to meet the tile. Because this sounds like it is in a high-traffic area, if carpet is stretched too tight there may be future problems. Overstretching can tear or distort the backing. If carpet was not originally power stretched or if it has relaxed over the years, powerstretching, depending on extent of damage, may be successful. Talk with some local carpet installers. Check your yellow pages.

Old 04-13-08, 08:53 PM
O
Twelvepole,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. The dog thanks you, too!

Old 04-14-08, 09:04 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by okcprgal View Post
Twelvepole,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. The dog thanks you, too!
you NEVER want to be in GRANDMA's bad graces!! Thanksgiving dinner is IMPORTANT! (how about a sitter for the dog?)

Old 04-14-08, 11:38 PM
O
The dog had a sitter ... Grandma! And yes, Grandma was home when it happened! (Although I am not going to point this out to her just yet!)

No luck with the installers today. Couldn't even get one to call back. I hope I have better luck tomorrow. My nerves really need to just know that it can be fixed!

Old 04-17-08, 04:51 PM
Go to www.cfiInstallers.com
Type in your zipcode in the "Find an Installer" pane.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: