Berber Carpeting

Old 04-23-08, 05:59 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Berber Carpeting

I just had berber carpeting installed in my living room. The seams are very noticable and the installer said they will relax after I vacuum a few times. My first question is... is this true? My second question is if the seams are done incorrectly, can I have someone else come and redue the seams or do I have get all new carpet? The room is approx. 18' x 18'.

Please Help!!!

Old 04-23-08, 06:12 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It usually takes wider seam table to hold the tricky berber seams in place. In addition, a seam sealer is applied along the edge of the seams to assure the seam is set and to prevent raveling.

Another installer can be hired to work on the seams, but finding an installer who would like to come out for such a small job and to correct another installer's mistakes will be a challenge. Most installers guarantee installation for one year. Go back to the retailer and express your discontent and insist that he come out and make an assessment.

There is no such thing as an invisible seam. If natural light falls on the seam and if carpet is lighter in color, seams tend to be more noticeable.

Here's a previous discussion re: the same problem: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=241616

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: