Outdoor flooring?

Old 08-04-08, 04:31 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outdoor flooring?

We have a very nice covered deck that is covered in very nasty 20-yo astroturf type carpet. The decking underneath is plywood, not deck boards. We considered ripping it all up and replacing the plywood with deck boards, so hair from our 4 dogs will fall through the cracks, rather than getting caught up in the carpet. However, our handyman says the design creates some challenges for that.

If we decided to just keep the plywood and cover it with something else, what should we look at? We're not sure we want carpet again. Ideally, it would be a surface that looks nice, can be hosed down when we want to wash the deck, and doesn't break the bank. We have about 1000 sq. ft. to cover.

Old 08-13-08, 01:40 AM
to go from plywood to deck boards...would be a challenge..since you would have to remove any railings and make sure there are proper joists for decking since they would require more support than plywood..with that being said..if could be done with the right motivation

i really cant think of any other surface that would work other than carpet

Old 08-20-08, 06:12 PM
A
I agree with Docduck

Stick with plywood if that's what you have, especially for that size area. Install a quality outdoor carpet that is a "plush" kind.

What I mean is, not a "loop" type knap like berber. That way pet hair can be flushed away easily with your hose.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: