Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Rugs, Carpets and Carpeting
Reload this Page >

Pulling up carpet at doorway where it meets "hardwood" linoleum

Pulling up carpet at doorway where it meets "hardwood" linoleum

Old 09-10-08, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Pulling up carpet at doorway where it meets "hardwood" linoleum

Before I wreak unnecessary havoc on my floor and carpet, I am wondering if anyone out there knows the best way to pull up carpet at a doorway that has a metal transition piece over hardwood looking linoleum.

I tried easing the transition up with a screwdriver and then sliding a painter's tool (scraper looking thing) under it. The tool slid under all of it, but won't pop it up unless I apply a LOT of leverage and shred up the linoleum in the process.

The reason I need to do this, is that there is water soaking about a two square foot spot right at that junction and I want to see where it is coming from.

Here's a link to a photo of the spot I'm talking about:

http://ladybirdsman.spaces.live.com/...11D2A220A!148/

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, A Navy Man

Last edited by Nelson606; 09-10-08 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Adding a picture of the spot
Old 09-10-08, 08:41 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you can do this- it's not hard

I looked at your pic. from carpeted side bend metal up slightly this will allow carpet to be freed from "little teeth things" on the metal once carpet is loose you will see the screws that hold that trim down, take em out it's that easy!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: