Carpet Clean and Wet Carpet

Old 09-12-08, 08:17 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question Carpet Clean and Wet Carpet

Hello ,

We moved in this preety much 1 and half year old house and have been here since 7 years. My kids grew up but we have never cleaned carpet. So My friend gave me this machine which he bought from HSN . I used this to clean one of the room. But I don't think it cleaned much. What is best way to clean the carpet ? How to clean it?
What soap detergent to use?
Now this carpet which is cleaned is wet. What is best and fastest way to dry the carpet?
I used heaters and dehumidifier? But when I googled one of the website suggested AC with Dehumidifier?
I am confused... Can some one suggest?

Old 09-13-08, 02:48 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is an example of why DIY carpet cleaning machines are not recommended. Professional carpet cleaning is recommended. The pros have the equipment with enough suction to remove excess water, ability to maintain hot enough water temp to disinfect and return memory to yarn twist, and chemicals that do not leave residues that attract soil and causing rapid resoiling and potential permanent staining.

Carpet that remains wet 24-48 hours can cause mold/mildew problems. It can cause delamination of carpet backing.

Call a professional carpet cleaner ASAP to clean and disinfect carpet and to remove excess moisture. Running AC will reduce humidity. Running fans can expedite drying. But, it sounds like you need emergency help. Call a pro.

Old 09-19-08, 09:15 PM
Do not walk on wet carpet, or it will delaminate.

Those machine ruin carpet. They over wet it, and it is not hot enough to kill any bacteria. No suction to pull the water back out.

Professional Hot Water Extraction(HWE) is what is needed yearly to maintain the warranty on the carpet.

NO SOAP!!! Soap will leave a residue that will attract dirt. Soap is sticky.

Old 09-22-08, 01:52 AM
i agree with the above at this point i would let it dry out before proceeding..any time you have to use a dehumidifer that is a red flag...professional cleaning should leave the carpet damp and dry in 4 hours or so depending on outside conditions

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: