New carpet cleaning

Old 09-23-08, 06:00 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New carpet cleaning

We've just bought a home. Our carpet is less than a month old & I have a major problem. While installing the new toilet bowl wax ring, my husband stepped in the old wax ring, unknowingly. He then proceeded to walk through the house on the new carpet! Now I have about 9 wax footprints in my new carpet. Lowe's said to try ironing it out with a warm iron & brown paper. That didn't do anything. Soap & water didn't do anything. This is new carpet folks, & I don't have a clue as to what to do outside of cutting out the spots & putting in plugs, which really isn't going to help because these footprints are right in the main walkways. This is an odd kind of "stain" so I don't know who to contact to ask what will take out the wax. Any suggestions?!?

Wende

Old 09-23-08, 07:51 PM
T
Call a professional carpet cleaner. The heat likely drove the wax deeper into the carpet. The soap and water likely left residues in carpet.

Old 09-23-08, 08:19 PM
If it were a plumber, you would be screaming "I want new Carpet"

Wax is the hardest thing to get out/off of anything with texture for it to cling to.

You may have to patch it.

Old 09-25-08, 09:44 AM
W
Well, now I feel kinda dumb. My mother-in-law is coming Thurs to stay overnight. I decided to spot shampoo where we had some mud spots. I also chose a small spot that had the wax on it. Low & behold a bit of scrubbing from the upholestery brush took out the wax!!! So I did all of them. There's a couple that still show a little, but not bad. I had been afraid to scrub too much for fear that the wax would just settle in deeper, but it didn't. I can't believe I've been cussing my husband for the past 3 weeks! So, for future reference, if anyone else get toilet bowl ring wax in their carpet, just use the upholestery attachment on your shampooer, it'll come right out.

I'm relieved!

Wende

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: