Repairing Carpet After Moving Furniture

Old 12-13-08, 06:44 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Repairing Carpet After Moving Furniture

I recently took large entertainment center out of my living room and replaced it with a smaller piece of furniture.
Does anyone have any tricks to fix the smashed areas in the carpet that were left from the old furniture?

Old 12-13-08, 02:38 PM
Hi,
If you get a few damp towels fairly warm in your microwave and lay them over the area that is laying down it should come back up. You might have to do this a few times. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays

Old 12-13-08, 03:00 PM
T
You can also hold a steam iron over the indentions at least a couple inches away to not damage carpet. Apply jets of steam and left carpet fibers with fingers. If carpet is a berber weave, you may have to lift loops with fork.

Old 12-14-08, 07:35 AM
S
I agree with the answers you've gotten so far, to a certain extent. Another trick I've used with furniture leg dents is to place an ice cube on each dent, let it melt and air dry, and the dent goes away. But, all of this is dependant upon what the yarn is made of. If it's 1oo% nylon, you might be able to pull it off. If, however, it's a plastic yarn like poly-anything, you may end up using throw rugs to hide it. Reason? Imagine a woman's nylon stocking. It can be wadded to pretty much any extent you please and, when strtched back out, remains undamaged. Now imagine a two liter plastic soft drink bottle. If you twist it, where it bends a white line will appear along the crease and will never go away, even if the bottle is preasurized to go back to it's original shape. Plastic carpet fibers can be bent, scratched, brocken, dented, and so on. Nylon fibers hold their shape much better and are eisier to get back to their original shape in a situation such as yours. I would think that all you can do is try it all and see what happens. Good luck and merry Christmas

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: