Carpet Estimate...long island

Old 09-24-09, 05:35 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carpet Estimate...long island

looking to see what a fair/average price would be for installing padding and 12x12 carpet in a bedroom...price would include carpet, padding, installation..taking away old carpet....long island, ny.....thanks!!!!

Old 10-18-09, 01:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I can't quote you prices I don't remember the service charges. Plus I live in Indiana. What I can tell you is here carpet companies will offer sales, sometimes pad is free with a carpet purchase. However that's typically the cheap pad, and the life of the carpet relies considerably on the strength of the pad.

Carpet can be around $1.30 or so to much much more per sq ft.

There is a charge for removal, it's per square foot, and here I believe it is well less than 0.50 cents per sq ft.

The installation charge will depend on the carpet, standard plush will be considerably cheaper than a specialized carpet such as Karastan carpet.

There would also be a charge for moving any furniture.

If your looking to save money I would simply move the furniture and take out the existing carpet and pad. There is no real special technique to removing carpet. Without a good utility knife I would take out the register vent and just yank up. The tack strip will let go of carpet thats been down a while pretty easily. And the new carpet can go down on the existing tack strip. The only possibly complication would be if the carpet is also stapled to the tackstrip which people do sometimes.

I would imagine your looking between $400-$500. But things might be more expensive in NY than in IN.

I was an installer/helper for a long while on and off, prices were more the sales people and the warehouse peoples area.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: