transition between raised carpet and tile

Old 02-16-10, 04:26 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
transition between raised carpet and tile

I'm about to lay down a tile floor in a laundry room that connects to a living room, which will be carpeted over a floating subfloor. Both floors are currently bare and are the same level, but I'm worried that the height of the carpeted room will be significantly higher than the finished tiled laundry room based on the combined height of the subfloor and carpet.

Is this going to be a problem when it comes to the two rooms meeting?

Old 02-16-10, 04:57 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can go to the big hardware store. They have a lot of tile transition to suit for difference floor material which meet together.

Good luck

Old 02-17-10, 01:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
beekrock, generally flooring is laid hard to soft. Tile to hardwood, tile to carpet, hardwood to carpet. The softer surface is generally installed last. A good carpet layer will make the transition almost seamless as that is their job. Most of the time it will require little or no transition pieces.
I don't understand the terminology "floating subflooring". What is this? Are you installing carpet over a floating finished floor? You can do it, but floating floors are too easy to remove to allow for proper carpet installation. I would consider that first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: