Patching a large area

Old 01-22-01, 10:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a question about patching a large area of carpet.
What I want to do is go from one door way to the next, in a bed room. It's 12' 2.6" long and 3' 6" wide. I have a dog that uses this space as a bathroom : ( I am having my living room carpet replaced because of a manufacturer defect, and am able to keep the old stuff, so everything will match. Is this going to be difficult to patch? Can you tell me how to do this, or where to learn? Thanks much in advance,

MontanaGirl

Old 01-28-01, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

If your living room is attatched/seamed onto another room of the same color, it won't match unless you get lucky, because of "dye lot" variances. Rarely will a different dye lot run be the same shade.

Now to your patch delima.....I'm assuming the living room is bigger then the bedroom you want the patch to go. Why not replace the whole room. Your going to end up removing all the heavy furniture anyway to restretch the carpet after the patch is made. If the carpet has been installed for more then 6 months, and because of traffic and your dogs bathroom, it's going to show up where you seam it on, reguardless if it is the same color and dye lot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: