Spilled Bleach

Old 02-01-01, 08:20 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a spot in hallway where bleach was spilled. Can I shampoo carpet without the bleach spreading to rest of good carpet?

Old 02-07-01, 04:37 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

The bleach has already done all the damage it can. Simply shampoo the carpet as usual.

You might want to call your insurance agent. The accidental spilling of bleach is usually covered by homeowners insurance.

Ted

Old 02-10-01, 01:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Wait! Don't shampoo that carpet!

I politely disagree with the previous posting which stated that "the bleach has already done all the damage that it can do." Bleach will eventually dry out, but it will remain CHEMICALLY active in the carpet. If the carpet is wetted by water, shampooing, or any other form of moisture, the chemically active bleach will spread out to other areas of the carpet, thus making the bleach spot spread. The bleach spot must first be neutralized. The best news that I have for you is that the bleach spot can be repaired!

Take a look at the following link to see an example of a bleach spot repair:

http://www.carpetdyeing.com/bleachstain.html

I know for a fact that bleach spots can be repaired, because I am the one who performed the repair on the green patterned carpet on the picture that you just looked at!

As I said, the bleach spot must first be neutralized, or else the bleaching action will spread out.

I'm not sure what part of the country you are located in, but I suggest that you contact Color Your Carpet at (800) 321-6567 to find out where the nearest Color Your Carpet representative is for your area.

Feel free to contact me at: ch@colorcarpet.com for any advice or helpful information.

Sincerely,
Chris Howell
http://www.colorcarpet.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: