Question about concrete/self leveling for future carpet

Old 02-16-13, 05:15 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question about concrete/self leveling for future carpet

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the group so hopefully I'm putting this in the correct forum. I apologize if I'm not. I am working on remodeling the lower level of my house and I pulled up some old wooden tiles off the concrete slab and there's a black adhesive left on the concrete. My plan is to put some self leveling compound down and then hire someone to put in the padding and carpet. I guess what my question is do I need to remove all the black adhesive. I've gone to Home Depot and Lowes and both places said just to work on the parts where the adhesive is thicker than others and then just lay the self leveling compound on top of it after cleaning the floor. I would prefer to do this once and do it right so I'm looking for any advice you guys have. The other thing Home Depot mentioned is to rent a Diamabrush machine for roughly $100/hr and scrub it all off but they said it's not necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated and if I need to put some pics up just let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

Old 02-16-13, 06:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 20 Posts
Be careful how you remove it if you do. It most likely contains asbestos. I would just cover it and forget it.

Old 02-16-13, 08:15 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Sam. That's something nobody had even mentioned to me yet. I think you're right. I'll just set it and forget it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: