red pop stain in carpet

Old 02-10-01, 12:21 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a light cream colored carpet and my son spilled a red pop slush on it. I now have red spots all over it and they are not coming out no matter what I try. Please help!
Thank you

Old 02-10-01, 02:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile Solution to Red Stains on Carpet

Red stains tend to be more difficult to remove because they are not really stains (defined as a coating on the carpet fibers) bur rather are results of dyeing action. Red juices, sodas, Kool-Aid, etc. are acidic in nature. The acids in these drinks cause the red color molecules to actually penetrate the carpet fibers, thus creating the addition of color that can be very difficult to remove. There is hope, however!

Red stains can be removed by a heat transfer process. This MUST BE DONE PROPERLY, OR THE CARPET'S OWN COLOR WILL ALSO BE REMOVED. DO NOT hire just anybody to do this!

I don't know what part of the country you live in, but there is a company that can do this properly. The name of the company is Color Your Carpet. This company is a professional carpet dyeing and color restoration service. Dyeing is the only thing that they do. They do not clean carpets. They specialize in color restorations and complete color changes. Ever think of changing the color of your carpet to something that won't show every little bit of dirt that touches it?

One neat thing that Color Your Carpet can do is bleach out the red "stains" and then restore the carpet's original color. This, of course, is a last resort repair, but it is sometimes done when dealing with severe dye stains such as hair dye, etc.

I suggest that you contact this company at their toll free number which is: (800) 321-6567

If I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me personally at: ch@colorcarpet.com

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Chris
Laurel, Maryland
http://www.colorcarpet.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: