Need wall-to-wall; don't want to get ripped off

Old 01-03-14, 02:09 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Need wall-to-wall; don't want to get ripped off

I've been doing some extensive remodeling and I'm almost done (whew!). Now it's time to get estimates for carpet. I've got two large bedrooms upstairs, a flight of stairs, and two smaller bedrooms downstairs that all need new carpet. The total square footage is 885. That's about 510sqft for the two upstairs bedrooms, about 100sqft for the stairs, and 275 sqft for the two downstairs bedrooms.

I'd like a neutral, textured carpet that feels good on the feet and I'd like to put a good pad under it. I've looked at the box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot, but I haven't started calling around to specialty stores yet.

What I really want to know is, what would be a good price for the work? How much should labor cost? Where should I be spending the money?

Old 01-03-14, 04:05 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Went through the Home Depot flooring calculator and this is what it came up with.
Name:  HomeDepot_Carpet_Estimate.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  20.7 KB

Old 01-03-14, 05:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 20 Posts
The price of installation varies widely depending on where you live. Just be aware, by the time they figure in extras, the big box stores are usually as high if not higher than the other carpet stores. You are not saving anything on labor, the cost is hidden in "support material".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: