Getting wax out of carpet

Old 03-12-01, 11:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Help!!! I need to know if anyone knows how to remove melted wax out of a carpet. Our candle dripped over the plate and spilled wax on our carpet by our end table. I really don't want to cut the waxy section out.

Old 03-12-01, 03:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Put some ice cubes in a ziploc bag. Lay the ice bag on the wax. It will get hard. Flake the wax out with a fork. Have your shop vac handy to catch the flakes. Keep at it and it will come out. If it is a whole lot. Pluck as much as you can before the ice is applied.

Old 03-19-01, 12:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

to get wax out of carpet you put your iron on low and put a sheet over the wax. Then you "iron" the carpet being careful not to burn it. The wax will remelt and collect on the sheet.

Old 03-19-01, 08:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face

You will get "some" of it up like that, but the majority of the wax will get further down into the nap. Have you ever seen candle wax run up a candle. When it liquefies it will run further down into the nap.

Old 03-24-01, 08:00 PM
Visiting Guest
wax out of carpets

I clean our church and have the pleasure of being the one to get the wax out of the carpets after candle services. I have always been very succesful at the iron method, even with colored candles. But do not use sheets, use brown paper sacks and be sure to spend a lot of time with it to get it all out. You will know when it is all out becuase you will no longer see wax on the sack after ironing it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: