Stainmaster carpet..good or bad ?

Old 03-12-15, 05:13 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stainmaster carpet..good or bad ?

We have or had decided to install Stainmaster carpet (next to their best grade)through out our home ....excluding kitchen, baths, entrance way. Now I have come upon a website of Stainmaster reviews that had nothing good to say about SM. I'm talking about 57 reviews that ranged all the way from "don't buy stainmaster or you'll be sorry", "warranty is worthless" to " stainmaster is junk".
What has been your experience with stainmaster ? All comments would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
Roger

Old 03-12-15, 05:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,526 Votes on 1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

We have or had decided to install Stainmaster carpet
So I'm guessing you installed the carpet and are now wondering if it was a bad decision ?
It's a little late now to reconsider.

I take reviews with a grain of salt. A review like "stainmaster is junk" tells me absolutely nothing. I want to know what specifically is the problem. "Warranty is worthless" also tells me nothing.

I have no idea what the carpet is like but I'm deeply involved with writing and reading reviews. I want to know details.

On edit... I'm going to look at more reviews. We'll also see what others here have had for experiences with this brand carpet.

Last edited by PJmax; 03-12-15 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 05:24 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I can't comment on Stainmaster but I shampooed all kinds of carpet on & off for 23 years. Any carpet holds dirt & a lot of it. If you have hard wood floors, I recommend redoing those floors. If you still want to install carpet, I would trust the reviews & consider another brand.

I used to shampoo the carpet in a previous apartment so much, my girlfriend said that I had a carpet fetish.

Old 03-12-15, 05:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,526 Votes on 1,409 Posts
It's interesting..... pet owners seem to have the biggest complaints with stains not coming out. I looked at reviews for different rug companies and see the same type of complaints at all the companies. I can also find a lot of positive reviews too.

I see Lowes and Home Depot carry Stainmaster carpet.

Old 03-12-15, 06:05 PM
R
Thanks for all your replies..No, we haven't installed the stainmaster yet, but were about to put things into motion. Stains seem to be the biggest complaint along with matting. I realize that some people are never satisfied that is why I felt this forum would be more objective...maybe through your experiences, etc.

Old 03-12-15, 06:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
I have installed thousands of yards of Stainmaster. Never heard any complaints about stains.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: