Peel and stick carpet tiles

Old 08-21-17, 09:05 AM
Upvotes Received: 8
Peel and stick carpet tiles

Hi All, looking for comments on these peel and stick carpet squares,I plan on installing them directly over bare concrete,no moisture problems,however the concrete is not really smooth.
Thanks Geo

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-17, 09:44 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 141
Years ago before finishing my downstairs game room I looked at carpet squares very seriously. There were some very high quality commercial carpets available for a surprisingly good price. The only "gotcha" is the style. You need to find one with the looks you like. They tend to not be the most trendy or exciting patterns but there is a lot of neutrals and basic patterns to choose from.

If you do go with carpet squares make sure you get a few extra squares for repairs in the future. Also, figure out a good place to store the spare squares. You don't want them getting moldy in a storage shed or attic.

Old 08-26-17, 05:05 AM
Upvotes Received: 8
Any recommendations for carpet tiles, also should the concrete be sealed prior to the carpet install?
Geo

Old 08-26-17, 05:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 9
Carpet tiles are installed with a pressure sensitive glue that will pretty much become a part of your concrete floor forever. This allows you to lift a damaged or dirty one up and replace it if needed. Ask for a commercial grade which should hold up longer. There are one or two that have a thin pad already attached to them, but my experience with those is less than stellar (curling up corners that had to be glued down).

Old 08-28-17, 09:02 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 38
In an area where spills may occur, I've heard these can be great since you can replace just the one or three affected instead of the whole carpet.

Old 08-28-17, 10:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 5
Some carpet tiles, you can take out, hose off, let them dry and put them back.