Carpet runner installation over 'pergo' on stairs

Old 04-05-02, 05:48 AM
KimSp
Visiting Guest
Carpet runner installation over 'pergo' on stairs

We want to intall pergo on our stairs along with a carpet runner because we have a lot of traffic and we figure a runner would be easier and less expensive to replace in the long run. (The runner is to soften any falls that might occur and also to look more luxurious as those stairs enter into the living room).

I read the other post on carpeting stairs but I think it was wall to wall... What scared me was the thought of all those nails going in to the new 'pergo'.

Does the same difficulty level apply to installing runners? Also, there is a landing that turns, how would we make that turn look like it flows properly?

Can we install a pad? I'm thinking not, but maybe there is a way?

KimSp

Old 04-05-02, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3 ways to do this.

Don't fully install the Pergo on the stairs. Just do the sides, and leave the middle untouched. Now come in and do a stretch in installation with padding and carpet, down the middle as a runner.

Do just the opposite, do the carpet first then add your pergo boarder along the sides. You might get adhesives on the carpet from the Pergo installation this way though.

Do the steps in Pergo and staple the carpet over it. Velcro will work too, but you have to adhere the velcro to the planks with adhesive.

They do have the brass rods, you will sometimes see in older upscale hotels.

Old 04-11-02, 05:45 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pergo installation on stairs

Go to www.pergo.com and contact the technical people re: your stair installation if you have questions.

Old 04-11-02, 11:46 PM
KimSp
Visiting Guest
pergo and carpet runner

Thanks for the great input. I have learned a lot with this one question. Kim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: