Frozen food with listeria contamination

Old 05-05-16, 08:03 PM
Frozen food with listeria contamination

You may have heard that CRF frozen foods from Pasco Washington has issued a recall of their frozen foods but you may not have seen a complete list of the different brands of food they make for different stores. Here is a link to that list CRF Frozen Foods Expands Voluntary Recall to Include All Frozen Vegetable and Fruit Products Due To Possible Health Risk . If you have these frozen vegetables you are advised to throw them out.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-16, 09:19 PM
Group Moderator
Thanks. I have Parade in my freezer. It is the only brand of frozen vegetables I buy.

Old 05-05-16, 11:17 PM
You are welcome Ray I didn't see Parade on the list nor what I buy which is Cascadian Farm and Essential Everyday. I buy Cascadian Farm at my local organic grocery store My Organic Market and the house brand Essential Everyday at Shoppers Food which is a house brand. Neither of those brands are on the list but people who buy McCain frozen vegetables or any Safeway brand should check their freezer. There are also other brands too numerous to mention so please everyone check the list and your freezer I don't want anyone to get sick.

Old 05-06-16, 04:23 AM
I subscribe to the Foodsafety.gov list. I receive almost daily a list of one or two item that are food safety related. The majority are listed as undeclared allergens or ingredients not listed but many are real warnings that are major health risk. I advise everyone to subscribe to this list. I also suggest the Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) specific for motor vehicles.

Old 07-07-16, 05:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

IMO there should never be any concerns regarding food safety. Unfortunately that would be only in a perfect world which does not really exist... My thinking...... is was there always a chance of any type of food safety years ago. Back about 50-60 years ago? Or did it exist but was not reported on any news TV channel or TV news radio program. How did our parents know of such???

IMO food, water and air safety is a priority. All three need to be safe and I personally like many of you would not know how to test and be sure. Thus an extremely high priority for the FDA. Which IMO needs to have far more officers and officials in the fields and industries where foods products are grown and processed into food items. As well at the sources of consumption, etc...

IMO tax dollars well spent. Be sides, as a child I like to watch the meat inspectors stamp the BLUE or was it a RED stamp on suspended meat carcasses (On The HOOK...) in super markets butchery departments....LOL! Poultry too! Insured safety or at least some confidence somebody in the know was watching out for us... Same needs to apply to fruits, veggies and produce.

Presently the fight is over GMO foods and the publics need to know!!! I think and agree there is a need for us to know what's in what we consume!!! What's your thoughts and or opinions?

Old 07-07-16, 03:32 PM
With reference to Sharp Advice's post. 50 - 60 years ago our (or that generation) diets were different. Much of the food was home grown (not shipped from across the country or processed overseas) and not nearly as much chemical herbicides were used, or genetic and engineered food was available. Fifty, sixty years ago people were harder working with a more basic diet of grains and less of it over all.

Today we are over eaters, over dieters, less active, and addicted to fast or convenience foods. In two words our fathers and mothers of yesteryear "lived healthier". True they also died earlier but that is because technology did not know or could not identify maladys of the day such as cancers.

We also are able to detect every little allergy that most people of yesteryear learned to live with. Now we a deluged with medicines every place you turn. You can't watch a TV program without getting at least once drug commercial. And can you imagine what the people of the previous 60 years ago would think if they heard all the warning and side affects of today's drugs can do to you. The cure is worse than the affliction.

The environment was better also. Our water and air was better. Tax dollars spent to educate us is a smarter method to use the money but you aren't going fight the big drug companies or food industry.

I could go on but I think we both understand the situation.