Help with Singer machine 6510

Old 05-29-04, 11:51 AM
Kiwi
Visiting Guest
Help with Singer machine 6510

Have a problem with bobbin on my singer 6510. It jammed while sewing, I cleared everything up, but now the jolly thing won't thread up at all, and I can't sew anything.
Have tried everything, re-threading, clearing fluff etc, nothing works. I am thinking this might be a major problem, any other hints or suggestions would be appreciated before I head to a repair shop.

Most frustrating part, is that it is a long weekend, and have heaps of projects lined up to sew and now this has happened. Oh well, if this is all I have to complain about in life, I guess I am doing pretty well, just a jolly pain though.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-04, 03:12 AM
I couldn't find much online about why a machine won't thread after jamming except for this (quoted from the facts at Singer.com)

A jammed machine is caused by thread being caught in the hook. Remove the upper thread and bobbin case, turn the handwheel backward and forward by hand and remove any thread in the bobbin case area.

I'm assuming the 'hook' is where the thread comes from the bobbin through the bobbin case.