Baby's Boats comforter or quilt pattern

Old 03-24-05, 11:49 AM
NannyGram
Visiting Guest
Question Baby's Boats comforter or quilt pattern

I'd like to make a baby comforter or quilt with a Baby's Boats lullabye theme. Does anyone know of a source for a pattern? I've searched and searched... Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-05, 07:26 AM
Is that a particular pattern of quilt? I tried to do a dogpile.com search for it, but can't pinpoint anything in particular.

You may have to try the local library and sit down with some of the quilting books on their shelves to find a particular pattern you're looking for.

Kay

Old 03-25-05, 07:42 AM
My MIL has a great idea for Baby and Childrens Quilts. Try your local Dollar Store for coloring books that have the large non-specific detail pictures. These are the ones that only have the outline for 2 through 4 year olds to color. They make great patterns for Quilts.
Good luck with your project.

Old 03-25-05, 10:02 AM
NannyGram
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by kaybyrd
Is that a particular pattern of quilt? I tried to do a dogpile.com search for it, but can't pinpoint anything in particular.

You may have to try the local library and sit down with some of the quilting books on their shelves to find a particular pattern you're looking for.

Kay
Thanks for the search engine. Baby's Boat's is a beautiful lullaby that I sang to my daughter every night. Jeanne Titherington has put the words in a bueutifully illustrated book, and I was hoping that someone might have created a pattern with the theme.

My daughter is having her first child this summer, and so it looks like this will be an opportunity to create my own!

Old 03-25-05, 10:04 AM
NannyGram
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by majakdragon
My MIL has a great idea for Baby and Childrens Quilts. Try your local Dollar Store for coloring books that have the large non-specific detail pictures. These are the ones that only have the outline for 2 through 4 year olds to color. They make great patterns for Quilts.
Good luck with your project.
Thanks for your idea! I think that will help a lot, as it looks as though I will be designing this one. I appreciate your taking the time to answer.