Used Serger - HELP!

Old 04-16-05, 10:35 PM
Pixie Stitch
Visiting Guest
Used Serger - HELP!

Hello All,

I've recently purchased a used Babylock Imagine serger on eBay without making sure that the warranty would be included. I had been searching for this model for quite some time and jumped at the chance when I saw this serger for $750.00 on eBay. Consequently, the serger I bought doesn't come with the original warranty. Was this a HUGE mistake on my part? Will I be okay without a warranty? The seller claims that the serger was recently cleaned and tuned by the dealer and is in great condition...

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-05, 01:11 AM
I'm afraid you're out of luck on the warranty if the make won't honor the 'trade of hands'.

Does the machine work well? I'm wondering why you're concerned with the warranty after you've purchased it. What's done is done, if the machine works great, then sew away

I'm not sure what type of serger you purchased, but most machines don't have but a 30-90 full refund/replacement warranty and then repairing the machine can still cost you money after that 30-90 period - if you don't have a certified repair shop close to you. Most warranties are not transferable, either.

Kay