no tension on Singer 758

Old 08-12-05, 01:32 PM
annie
Visiting Guest
Unhappy no tension on Singer 758

i just pulled out my sewing machine to find that it jams every time i try to sew. (which i vaguely recall was why i put it away in the first place.) It barely sews a stitch or two before the bobbin gets all jammed up. Also, there doesn't seem to be any upper tension at all. I've threaded and re-threaded it. There's a slight slight possibility i'm threading wrong, but it seems like one of those things that once you learn you never really forget. It's been a while since i pulled it out, and now i can't remember what might have caused it. any ideas? any advice would be much appreciated. I went to the singer site, but it didnt seem much help, and they dont seem to carry the manual to this machine (it's an old touch and sew).
thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-05, 09:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hopefully this will help out...

Annie,

Here is a link to a threading diagram for your machine:

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

Also, the problem with the bobbin is also tension related. One the bobbin case there should be a small screw, righty tighty, lefty loosy. Tighten it a quarter of a turn and then rethread the bobbin, and the machine. Sew a few stitches and see how it works. You may need to play with the bobbin tension a bit, but try a bit tighter first, as usually it is a too loose bobbin that will cause the thread jam.

Also, before doing all of this, thoroughly clean out the bobbin compartment, and then blow it out with some canned air as well.

Hopefully that will solve your problems and you will be sewing up a storm again.

Best of Luck,
RhainyC